Friday 27 October 2017

Row 2 Finished on Wind Moon

I know, I know, I know, I have been missing in action since August.  I received my adjuster for my Lowrey stand to use with my Quantum frame, and my intention was to just do one page and then post a photo.  But the page was just all sky and the photo was really nothing special, so I kept going... and going... and going...  and now 3 months later I have a row finish AND there is actually something to see, as I have a good chuck of her face done.

I did keep track in my XStitch Journal as I stitched, so the breakdown went as follows:
Page 8:   7600 stitches: Aug 10 - Aug 24
Page 9:   7315 stitches: Aug 24 - Sept 8
Page 10: 7315 stitches: Sept 8 - Sept 26
Page 11: 7315 stitches: Sept 26 - Oct 6
Page 12: 7315 stitches: Oct 6 - Oct 12
Page 13: 7315 stitches: Oct 12 - Oct 24
Page 14: 5605 stitches, Oct 24 - Oct 27



I was also, aside from being over the moon happy with my new Quantum frame and general stitching area set up, which included a beautiful new recliner chair that I managed to buy from a former stitcher for $100, I was curious as to how long a row would take to stitch.  I came in at just over 3 months.  Not too shabby!

But I'm looking forward to going back to work on Turret Stairs.  I've only got one more full row of her, and then a partial row and then she's done, so the prospect of a project finish is exciting, because I won't be seeing a finish of Wind Moon for several years.  But I am loving her.  She'll just be a long term relationship, whereas my mini's will just be flings.  Just intense, and sometimes frustrating little flings.

So there you have it.  Not missing, not abducted by aliens, just been stitching and doing little else.

I should have an update on Turret Stairs within a few weeks.


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I have just started my first official HAED which is only a QS and I feel like I've fallen down a rabbit hole! I can see how one would just become obsessed with stitching these beautiful designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so addictive, aren't they? Just the sheer details in them!
      i don't even have the interest to even look at non HaED patterns.
      Which QS are you stitching?

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back, love the face on her, so pretty. I love head designs but have to mix it up with others, too many nice charts to stitch, so little time. I need to get mine back out soon. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't really even realize it had been August since my last post.
      I hear ya that there are so many charts to stitch. I seriously need to be made a vampire, so I can live forever and maybe, just maybe eventually stitch through my stash.

      Delete
  3. Lol, you are forgiven!!! You were stitching a HAED and I can totally understand how you got hooked! I am currently working on my first full size HAED and I can't put it down :) Why did I waste so many years stitching non HAED??? Desperately trying to finish my first page after six weeks of hard work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my 7th HaED now. Am I crazy, or what? She's definitely the largest one at a whopping 63 pages.
      I checked out your HaED, what lovely purples!!!
      i agree with you 100%, I feel like I've wasted so many years stitching non-HaED.
      Keep at your page, you'll find the first page is one of the longest. After that you sort of find your groove.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work. Getting lost in your stitching is the best kind of lost to be at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't it? I found the groove and really made some good progress. It's the best kind of time wasting.

      Delete
  5. I agree you are forgiven since you've given us such a beautiful wip to admire. Wow that is incredible getting all that done in 3 months. You're a legend.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, you are too kind, but there was very little confetti and lots of big blocks of colour. It makes the stitching go pretty fast.

      Delete